Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Unwind in Luxury: Hengelo's Hidden Gem, Boutique Hotel 't Lansink

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Unwind in Luxury: Hengelo's Hidden Gem, Boutique Hotel 't Lansink

Unwind in Luxury: Hengelo's Hidden Gem, Boutique Hotel 't Lansink - A Frankly Honest Review (and a Plea to Book!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average, dry-as-a-bone hotel review. I'm talking about Boutique Hotel 't Lansink in Hengelo, a "hidden gem" according to everyone, and after spending some time there, I'm inclined to agree. But let's be real: every rose has its thorns, and I'm here to spill the tea (complimentary, of course, because they do offer that).

First, the vibe. Picture this: you're winding down a cobbled street in Hengelo, feeling a bit like you've stumbled into a fairytale. Then, bam! You see it – a stately, almost imposing building that screams "classic elegance." 't Lansink isn't trying to be trendy; it's confident in its own skin, and that, my friends, is a rare thing.

Accessibility: Okay, let's get this out of the way early. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, and I peeked around, but a deep dive wasn't possible, and I'd like to see more concrete info from the hotel to confirm it's indeed super accessible beyond the basic elevator and ramp. I'm always apprehensive about over-promising on accessibility, it is really crucial to any Hotel.

Cleanliness and Safety (the boring but essential bit): Okay, look, post-pandemic, we're all hyper-aware of cleanliness. And 't Lansink delivers. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization between stays. You get the idea. They’ve got this down. The staff also seems genuinely committed to safety protocols. I even saw them, masked up, doing the rounds with… what looked like a professional-grade sanitizing fog machine. It was impressive, and I felt surprisingly secure. They also provide hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff is trained in safety protocol. Rooms sanitized between stays, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Room sanitization opt-out available. A solid A+ in my book.

Rooms, Glorious Rooms: My inner diva did a little happy dance upon entering the room. My room was a total sanctuary. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Oh, yes. I love 'em because I value my beauty sleep. Free Wi-Fi? You bet your bottom dollar (and it actually works). Free bottled water? The little things, people, the little things. Bathrobes? Check. Slippers? You know it. And the separate shower/bathtub situation? Pure bliss. Trust me, after a long day of… well, whatever it is you do that tires you out, sinking into a hot bath with bubbles (brought my own, naturally) is pure heaven. Wake-up service, alarm clock, soundproofing, non-smoking rooms were also very appreciated.

Internet access: The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a relief – because let's face it, who can truly unwind without a little Instagram stalking? And the Internet access – LAN option gives you the option of a wired internet connection. Internet, Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas – you get the gist. They've got you covered.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Honestly, this is where 't Lansink really shines. I LOVE to eat! The Breakfast [buffet] was a masterpiece. Freshly baked bread, delectable pastries, endless coffee… it was a very good morning! Now, I am a massive fan of the Asian breakfast, I was happy to find out they serve it. The restaurants is also excellent, with a great a la carte in restaurant menue and a vegetarian restaurant. I am not a vegetarian, but I do have friends that are and I would recommend they go there just for this. There is also a Coffee/tea in restaurant. Don't forget the poolside bar, which is ideal to have a refreshment in the pool.

One evening, I splurged and ordered room service. I had a very late night and was very hungry. After 20 minutes, dinner was on the doorstep. The food was top-notch and the service was impeccable.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax – Oh, You Know, the Good Stuff: This is where 't Lansink really gets into its groove. Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Gym/fitness, Massage, Foot bath, it’s basically a mini-wellness retreat rolled into a hotel. I, for one, spent a glorious hour in the sauna (I’m a sucker for a good sweat), and then proceeded to lounge by the Pool with view. Pure relaxation. The Body scrub, Body wrap, all the pampering options - it's all there.

And, honestly? I was exhausted. Between the sightseeing, the eating, and the lounging by the pool, I needed a good massage. And well, it's safe to say Massage was heavenly.

Services and Conveniences: This hotel really takes care of you. Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, it’s all there. They even have a gift/souvenir shop if you need to grab something on your way out.

For the Kids: I didn't travel with children, but they seem to be Family/child friendly, they provide babysitting service and have kids facilities, including Kids meal, so it seems to be a great option for a family trip.

Getting Around: Ah, the mundane stuff. They provide airport transfer, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], taxi service which is handy, but I was able to explore the area around bicycle parking and foot.

Quirks and Imperfections (Because Let's Be Real): Nobody's perfect, and 't Lansink is no exception. The TV channels were a tad limited. And look, I would've loved an outdoor hot tub, but hey, can't have it all. I got slightly lost trying to find the gym the first time, but once I found it, it was great. And in my opinion, the bar could use a slightly more extensive cocktail menu. But let's get over it, right?

Okay, now for the big sell…

YOU NEED TO BOOK THIS HOTEL.

Why? Because 't Lansink is more than just a place to sleep; it's an experience. It's a place to disconnect from the chaos of life and reconnect with yourself. It's the perfect base from which to explore Hengelo and the surrounding areas, or simply treat yourself to some well-deserved pampering. And honestly, after the year we've all had, we deserve it.

Here’s the Deal:

  • Unwind in Luxury Package: Book a stay of at least 2 nights and receive a complimentary massage and a bottle of local wine on arrival.
  • Wellness Retreat Special: Book a suite and get access to all the spa facilities, plus a 15% discount on spa treatments.
  • Early Bird Bonus: Book your stay at least 30 days in advance and receive a free upgrade to a superior room.

This is your chance to experience the hidden gem of Hengelo! Trust me, you won't regret it.

P.S. Don't forget to try the pancakes at breakfast. They are AMAZING. And tell them I sent you! (Okay, maybe don't tell them that. But seriously, go. Now).

Balfour Hotel Miami Beach: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Book Now

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is a real trip log, warts and all, from my little escape to Boutique Hotel 't Lansink in Hengelo, Netherlands. Prepare for the emotional rollercoaster that is ME, and what I did, ate, and felt.

Pre-Trip Antics (aka, The Before):

  • Tuesday: The frantic packing session. You know the one. Where you pull out everything you own, try on outfits that haven't seen the light of day in years, and then end up throwing in the same three pairs of jeans and a vaguely stylish scarf. Panic-bought travel-sized toiletries at the last minute. Prayed I packed my passport. (I did, thankfully.)
  • Wednesday: Travel Day! Woke up at an ungodly hour (why do flights always leave at dawn?). The taxi driver, bless his soul, was clearly having a rough morning. He grumbled about traffic for the entire ride. Airports are a special kind of hell, aren't they? The smell of stale coffee and… existential dread. But hey, coffee was involved.

Day 1: Arrival and "Oh My God, This Hotel Is Adorable!"

  • Afternoon (ish): Arrived at 't Lansink. And, oh my god. This place is darling. Like, picture-postcard darling. The building itself is a gorgeous, old Dutch house with a little courtyard. Seriously, I gasped. The lobby? Filled with fresh flowers and a cozy fireplace… which, let's be honest, I immediately imagined curling up in front of with a book and a massive mug of hot chocolate. (Note to self: acquire hot chocolate immediately.)
  • The Room: I'd splashed out (because, TREAT YO' SELF!). I ended up with one of their "superior" rooms, which promised a view. The view, as it turned out was of a tiny, perfect courtyard. But the room itself? Divine. Big, comfy bed, claw-foot tub, and a little balcony where I could imagine myself spending hours just… breathing.
  • Afternoon Tea (and a Near Catastrophe): Decided to be all fancy and have afternoon tea in the hotel's restaurant. Tiny sandwiches, scones with clotted cream (heaven!), and a pot of Earl Grey. All good. Then, disaster: nearly knocked over a full pot of tea while reaching for a scone. My face was a picture of horror. The friendly waiter, bless him, just laughed and said, "Accidents happen!" Saved by a kind stranger!
  • Evening: Strolled through the city of Hengelo. Okay, "stroll" is generous. More like a bewildered wander. Trying to read street signs, accidentally almost walked into a bike lane. Found a cozy little pub and had a ridiculously large plate of bitterballen (Dutch fried balls).

Day 2: Culture, Canals, and a Crushing Blow (to my Ego)

  • Morning: Decided to embrace the culture. Headed to the Museum Hengelo. Admired some art (very, very politely). Tried to understand the Dutch. Failing. Found a sculpture I loved.
  • Afternoon: The Canal Boat Debacle (aka, The Day I Proved My Clumsiness Again): Saw a lovely canal-side cafe. Decided to rent a little boat. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I am a terrible boater. I kept bumping into things. I got stuck under a bridge for a good 15 minutes. And, because I am me, I NEARLY FELL IN. The locals (mostly very cool and polite) definitely watched my comical display of ineptitude. My inner monologue during this whole event: "Just… breathe. Don't panic. For the love of all that is holy, don't capsize." I returned the boat with the grace of a drunken walrus.
  • Evening: Sulked (kidding! Mostly!). I went back to the hotel, ate all the complimentary biscuits in the room (because, comfort food), and had a long bath. Read a book on my balcony and watched the stars.

Day 3: Food Glorious Food (and a touch of regret)

  • Morning: The hotel breakfast. Oh, the breakfast! I got a spread of fresh bread, eggs, cheese, and yogurt with fresh fruit. I could have eaten all of it. I am not proud of how much I consumed.
  • Afternoon: The Food Tour That Got Away: I had booked a food tour! But I had a massive stomach ache from the morning's gorge fest. I debated whether to have the tour, but ended up with a massive regret.
  • Evening: More bitterballen (I clearly had a problem). Found a charming little restaurant. I ordered the local specialty - stamppot (mashed potatoes with veggies). This was not a mistake. I ate so much I nearly couldn't move. Then, back to the hotel for more lounging, reading, and wishing I'd been able to go on that food tour.

Day 4: Departure and the Bitter-Sweet Goodbye:

  • Morning: Last breakfast. Forced myself to have a light one, which meant still eating a lot of pastries. Packed. Said goodbye to the incredibly friendly hotel staff.
  • Departure: Back to reality. The airport. The traffic. The same existential dread. But this time, with a little smile. Because I had a good time, even though I was clumsy and ate too much.

Final Thoughts (aka, The Messy Wrap-Up):

't Lansink was amazing. Yes, I'm messy, and I ate too much. I nearly drowned in a canal. But this trip was a reminder that travel isn't always about flawless itineraries and perfect photos. It's about the unexpected moments, the delicious food, and the people you meet (even if they're mostly laughing at your boating skills). I'd go back to 't Lansink in a heartbeat. Maybe I'll even take a boat lesson first. Or, you know, just stick to dry land. Maybe next time I'll actually get on that food tour…

Escape to Paradise: RR Homestay, Chukai's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

So, 't Lansink... Is it *really* a hidden gem, or just another fancy hotel pretending to be unique? Spill the tea!

Okay, okay, deep breaths. I'm going to be brutally honest. "Hidden gem"... it's a bit of a marketing buzzword, isn't it? But. And this is a big but. 't Lansink actually *earns* that title. I went in with my usual cynical hotel-reviewer hat on, prepared to roll my eyes at overpriced miniature shampoos and aggressively curated art. But... it got me. Properly got me. See, the thing is, it's not *just* a hotel. It's an experience. The kind of experience you stumble into after a particularly brutal week, and suddenly you're thinking, "Maybe I *am* allowed to be happy." I remember arriving late, frazzled from a train delay, and the staff... they were just *lovely*. No forced smiles, no robotic greetings. Just genuine, empathetic people who clearly understood the concept of "tired traveler needs a stiff drink and a soft bed, STAT." And that, honestly, is half the battle won.

The rooms… tell me about the rooms! Are they pristine Instagram fodder, or actual, livable spaces?

Oh, the rooms. Honestly, they're a bit dreamy. But not in a sterile, overly-designed way. Think more… elegant grandma’s attic, but in the best possible sense. There were these gorgeous, antique-looking, velvet chairs that I immediately wanted to steal. Seriously. And the bed! The bed was like sinking into a cloud made of marshmallows and angel feathers. I actually overslept. And I'm a chronic early waker! Okay, so, the truth? One tiny, *tiny* thing. In *my* room, the shower pressure could have been a *little* stronger. But honestly? I was so blissed out from the entire experience, I barely noticed. Besides, every other detail was perfection. The lighting, the artwork, the fluffy robes... all top-notch. They even had a Nespresso machine. My caffeine-addicted heart did a little happy dance.

That restaurant… the Michelin star. Did it live up to the hype, or were you left feeling hungry and broke?

Okay, this is where things get… intense. Michelin star restaurants. They're intimidating, right? You're worried you'll accidentally use the wrong fork and be escorted out. But at 't Lansink, the restaurant, Restaurant 't Lansink, was… brilliant. Absolutely *brilliant*. I remember ordering the... I *think* it was a duck dish? Honestly, I got so lost in the experience, I don't even remember *what* I ate, only *how* it tasted. Each bite was an explosion of flavor. Seriously, I think I audibly gasped at one point. And the wine pairings! Heaven on a glass. Now, yes, it's expensive. It's a Michelin star restaurant! But honestly, for the quality of the food, the impeccable service, and the entire *experience*... it felt worth it. In fact, I'm already saving up to go back. My bank account hates me. But my taste buds? They’re doing the cha-cha.

Okay, but what if I just want to chill? Are there any chill spaces, or is it all stiff white tablecloths and whispered conversations?

Yes! Oh, *yes*! They get the chill thing. There’s a lovely garden area – perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail (or three). I spent an entire afternoon just lounging on a comfy chair, reading a book, and occasionally staring at the ridiculously picturesque scenery. It was glorious. Seriously, pure, unadulterated bliss. And there’s a cozy lounge area too. Think roaring fire (in winter, obviously – I didn’t see it in summer, but I can imagine), plush sofas, and a general atmosphere of relaxed elegance. It's the kind of place where you can actually *decompress* without feeling judged for wearing your slightly-too-worn comfy pants. I may or may not have spilled a bit of red wine on the aforementioned comfy pants in that lounge. Nobody noticed. Or if they did, they were far too polite to say anything. Bless them.

The location: Hengelo, huh? Sounds… not very exciting. Prove me wrong!

Okay, confession time. Before I went, I figured Hengelo was going to be… well, a bit bland. My expectations were low. And honestly? It *is* a small city. But that's part of the charm! It's a quieter escape. It offers a glimpse into a different rhythm of life. The hotel itself is located in a beautiful, green area – like a secret escape from the urban hustle. And while Hengelo might not have the big-city attractions of Amsterdam or Rotterdam, it does have… well, it has a *vibe*. A relaxed, unhurried atmosphere. You can easily explore the town, enjoy a bike ride, or just simply relax. Its location is convenient as well if you're visiting the neighboring charming cities and towns of the Netherlands too. Plus, the fact that the hotel itself is *so* amazing makes up for any perceived lack in the city. It’s like they strategically placed a little slice of heaven in a slightly unexpected location. And honestly? I’m here for it. It's a perfect base for exploring while providing an amazing hotel experience, like 't Lansink!

What about the staff? Are they all perfectly… perfect? Or are they actual humans?

Actual humans! Okay, so, I'm a big believer in good service. I *hate* feeling like I'm being talked *at*. The staff at 't Lansink? They’re genuinely *nice*. And I mean, in a real way. There was a slight hiccup with a booking (my fault, to be fair - I'm a disaster at organizing things), and the front desk lady, I think her name was Elodie, handled it with such grace and efficiency. No eye-rolling, no sighs of exasperation. Just a genuine effort to fix the situation. I felt immediately at ease, which, after the initial train drama, was a huge relief. They weren't just doing their jobs, they were actually *caring*. That's rare, people. Cherish it when you find it. Okay, and I *have* to say this. The breakfast service? Amazing. They had this incredible scrambled eggs. I may have asked for seconds. Several times. Don't judge me.

Would you go back? Be brutally honest!

Absolutely. In a heartbeat. I'm already plotting my return. I'm dreaming of those velvet chairs, that glorious duck dish, and the feeling of pure, unadulterated relaxation. Look, it's not a cheap getaway. You're paying for an experience, not just a place to sleep. But honestly? It's worth it. If you need a break from the chaos of life, if you need to recharge and reconnect with your inner peace (or at least, get away from your screaming children or incessant emails), then 't Lansink is the place to do it. Just… maybe pack some comfy pants. And aHotel Whisperer

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Boutique Hotel 't Lansink Hengelo Netherlands

Post a Comment for "Unwind in Luxury: Hengelo's Hidden Gem, Boutique Hotel 't Lansink"