Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Unbelievable Hotel Deals in Nagaoka, Japan: Route Inn Mitsuke Awaits!

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Unbelievable Hotel Deals in Nagaoka, Japan: Route Inn Mitsuke Awaits!

Alright, buckle up, Buttercups! Because we're diving deep into the Route Inn Mitsuke Hotel in Nagaoka, Japan. Forget those sterile, overly-polished travel reviews. This is real talk, folks. This is me, after a long flight, fueled by instant ramen and questionable decision-making, spilling the beans on this place. And listen…I’m already picturing myself sprawled out on that extra-long bed with all the lights off, so here it goes…

Unbelievable Hotel Deals in Nagaoka, Japan: Route Inn Mitsuke Awaits! - Reality Check!

First off, the name. "Unbelievable Hotel Deals"? Right. I'm cynical by nature, always expecting a catch. But, okay, maybe they're not completely lying… We'll get there. But let's get the basics out of the way, shall we?

Accessibility & Safety (Let's be real, this is important!)

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Yes! That's a massive win. For anyone travelling with mobility issues, this is a HUGE relief.
  • Elevator: Duh. Necessary. But good to know.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Again, a big plus. Don't have the details, but the presence of this implies thought and effort.
  • CCTV in common areas: Yeah, they're watching. Safety is key, right?
  • CCTV outside property: More eyes in action.
  • Security [24-hour]: Someone roaming? Comforting!
  • Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Safety/security feature: Basic but crucial. You need these things!
  • Check-in/out [express]: Saved me precious time a couple of times.

Cleanliness and COVID-19 Stuff (Because, 2024!)

Okay, this is where Route Inn really shines. I'm a germaphobe (thanks, 2020!), so I'm going to scrutinize this.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Good.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Excellent.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. Yay.
  • Hygiene certification: Checked.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Food is the enemy, right? I mean, the germy enemy.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Trying, bless ‘em.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: Alright, I'm getting impressed.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Double yay.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Excellent.
  • Safe dining setup: We'll see about that…
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Good!
  • Sterilizing equipment: Okay Route Inn, you're winning!
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Okay, I am fully on board.

The Rooms - My Sanctuary (Or Lack Thereof)

Alright, let's talk about the rooms. My first impression? Small. But hey, this is Japan. Space comes at a premium. Let's see what it had:

  • Air conditioning: Thank God.
  • Alarm clock: Yes!
  • Bathrobes: Nice touch, even if I never actually wear them.
  • Bathroom phone: In case you really need to talk to someone from the toilet.
  • Bathtub: Yes!
  • Blackout curtains: Essential for this night owl.
  • Closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea: Standard, functional.
  • Daily housekeeping: Thank you.
  • Desk: To contemplate the meaning of life at 3 AM.
  • Extra long bed: Yes! I'm tall and this is a blessing.
  • Free bottled water: Hydrate, people!
  • Hair dryer: A necessity, unless you want to look like a drowned rat.
  • High floor: Never. Always request that.
  • In-room safe box: Because you never know.
  • Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free], Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: BOOM! No worries!
  • Ironing facilities: Excellent.
  • Laptop workspace: Very important.
  • Linens, Mini bar, Mirror: The essentials.
  • Non-smoking: Thank God.
  • On-demand movies: I never used this, but it's there.
  • Private bathroom: Obviously.
  • Reading light: For those late-night bookworms.
  • Refrigerator: Great for storing your emergency snacks and beers.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Didn't even turn on the TV.
  • Scale: Shudders.
  • Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Soundproofing: Solid.
  • Telephone, Toiletries, Towels: Standard.
  • Umbrella: Needed it.
  • Visual alarm, Wake-up service: I need to use these more.
  • Heck, you even get a window that opens!: A true blessing.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - The Fuel for Living

Okay, food. This is where things get interesting. I'm not exactly a foodie, but I'm a consumer of food.

  • Breakfast [buffet]:, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, Sooo, the buffet. Amazing. Loads of choice. I pigged out on the Asian stuff, naturally… I’m talking miso soup, rice, pickled vegetables, the works. Then I’d feel the guilt, and go straight for the Western stuff, the pancakes, the sausage, the works. Then I hated myself for the rest of the day!
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Essential.
  • Restaurants: There are restaurants in the hotel.
  • Room service [24-hour]: This is dangerous. Imagine ordering a pizza at 3 AM… temptation!
  • Poolside bar: Didn't see one.
  • Bar, Happy hour: Didn't see one.
  • Snack bar: I have no idea.
  • A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Buffet in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Bottle of water, Essential condiments: All of these are a godsend!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Finding your Chill

Okay, this is where Route Inn goes from "good value" and enters into "actually pretty darn nice."

  • Foot bath: Okay, I gotta tell you. This was the best part. After a long day of walking, my poor feet were screaming. The foot bath was small, but HOT, and so relaxing. I could have stayed there all day.
  • Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: I didn't try any of these, but they are there.
  • Gym/fitness, Fitness center: I skipped the gym. I'm on vacation, dammit!
  • Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Didn't see one.
  • Massage: YES. After the foot bath, this could be the ultimate combo.
  • Body scrub, Body wrap: Nope.

Other Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Matter

Okay, let's round this out with the extras.

  • Air conditioning in public area: Thank you.
  • Airport transfer: Didn't use, but good to have.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars: Standard, fine.
  • Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace: The smoking area is OUTSIDE.
  • Taxi service, Valet parking: Nice touches.

For the Kids - Can't comment directly, but…

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Nice that they offer these things.

Getting Around:

  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Good spread of options.

My Verdict - The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth

Okay, back to those "Unbelievable Hotel Deals"… Is it unbelievable? Well, it depends. Is it a luxurious five-star experience? No. Is it a comfortable, clean, safe, and well-equipped hotel in a convenient location with some cool extras (like the foot bath!)? YES.

Here's my take-away:

Gaborone's Platinum Paradise: Luxury Awaits at This Stunning Hotel!

Book Now

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're talking Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima, Nagaoka, Japan… and my brain. Prepare for a beautiful, messy, and utterly human disaster (or, you know, maybe just a fantastic trip, who knows!).

Operation: Ramen Run & Existential Dread in Nagaoka

Pre-Trip Anxiety Phase (AKA, the "Why am I doing this?" Stage)

  • -3 Weeks: Okay, I booked the flights (thank god for those last-minute deals). PANIC. I can't read Japanese. I’m going to get lost. I’m going to accidentally offend someone with my clumsy attempts at chopsticks. I should've just stayed home and finally tackled that mountain of laundry. (Deep breaths… deep breaths…)
  • -1 Week: Packing. Pure. Chaos. What do you even wear in Japan? Do I need a kimono? (Probably not. Though… maybe?). Found my passport. Victory! Also, a forgotten, slightly moldy sandwich in my backpack. Lovely.
  • -2 Days: Jet lag is a cruel mistress. I’m already envisioning myself face-planting into a bowl of udon on the first day. Did I remember to buy that travel adapter? Oh sweet baby Buddha, I didn't! Damn it.

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Gratification (aka, Food is the Answer)

  • 1:00 PM (estimated, because who remembers what time it really is after that flight): Landed in Tokyo (Narita). Survived passport control without entirely embarrassing myself. Found the train to Nagaoka (thank you, Google Maps, you glorious, language-translating savior!).
  • 5:00 PM (ish): Arrived at the Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima! The lobby is all clean lines and polite greetings. Seriously, the Japanese are so incredibly courteous! (I suddenly feel like a barbarian.) Check-in was smooth, room is small but functional - perfect!
    • Hotel First Impressions: This place is surprisingly nice, even if it's kind of… formulaic. You know, chain hotels. But hey, clean, and the bed is comfortable. The free breakfast buffet is a game-changer.
  • 6:00 PM (The Ramen Run Begins): Dropped my bags, and my stomach grumbled. This is the first thing! Ramen! I need ramen. I'm reading up on the best ramen places in Nagaoka.
  • 7:30 PM: Found a tiny ramen shop a short walk from the hotel (thank goodness for TripAdvisor!). The smell alone was enough to make me weep tears of joy.
    • Ramen Revelation: OH. MY. GOD. It was the best ramen I've ever had. The broth was a symphony of flavors, the noodles were perfectly chewy, the pork was… I don't even have words. I'm pretty sure I mumbled "delicious" and "arigato" repeatedly while inhaling it. I even managed the chopsticks without too much drama. Victory!
  • 9:00 PM: Stumbled back to the hotel, full and happy. Watched some TV (even though I couldn't understand a word). Exhausted. Already in love with Japan.
    • Quirky Moment: Found myself staring at a vending machine filled with… well, I'm not entirely sure what. Weird, colorful drinks and suspiciously shaped snacks. Curiosity (and jet lag) almost got the better of me.
  • 10:00 PM: Passed out.

Day 2: Exploring & Mild Panic (aka, Tourist Mode Activated)

  • 7:00 AM: The free breakfast buffet! OMG, seriously, they are so serious about their breakfasts! (Eggs! Bacon! Rice! Pickles! The works!). Fueled up for the day.
  • 8:00 AM: Okay, time to be a tourist! The plan was to visit the Niigata Prefectural Museum of Modern Art. That turned into me desperately trying to figure out the train system.
    • Transit Trauma: The trains! They're efficient, yes, but the maps are a labyrinth. I somehow managed to buy a ticket. I think. Praying I don't get on the wrong train and end up in, like, Siberia.
  • 10:00 AM: Found the museum! Finally! (And the train ride was… surprisingly pleasant.) The museum visit was okay. It's not my favorite.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Another ramen place - obviously! I am unashamed. Found a small, unassuming shop.
    • Ramen Reinforcement: Again, phenomenal. The ramen here is just… different. Better. I might need to move to Nagaoka.
  • 1:30 PM: A wandering around Nagaoka to a park.
    • Park Ponders: This park is nice. People are picnicking. They're so peaceful. I'm envious. I want to be an old Japanese lady, relaxing on a bench, watching the world go by. (Maybe after another bowl of ramen…)
  • 4:00 PM: Head back to the hotel. A bit exhausted from the day.
  • 6:00 PM: Decided to relax at the hotel. Went to dinner at the hotel (it was easier). Food was decent. Not as good as the ramen, though.
  • 9:00 PM: Journaling and contemplating life. Why am I here? What am I looking for? Does anyone ever truly find the answer to the big questions? Maybe the answer is just more ramen.
  • 10:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 3: The Deep Dive & Departure (aka, Existential Crisis + Souvenir Shopping)

  • 7:00 AM: Yes. Breakfast.
  • 8:00 AM: Went to a small antique place to shop. It takes me an hour to look at everything.
  • 10:00 AM: Decided to try my luck searching for a place to get shaved ice. Found a place, and devoured it (it was delicious)
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. The same ramen shop from day 1 of course.
  • 2:00 PM: Checked out. Headed back to the train.
  • 4:00 PM: At the airport. The flight is delayed. This is going to get ugly.
  • 6:00 PM: On the plane. This trip was short, but amazing. Maybe I need to come back here again.
  • 8:00 PM: Home. Going to sleep. Going to eat ramen.

Final Thoughts (aka, The Aftermath)

  • Overall Impression: Japan exceeded all expectations. The food! The people! The sheer, overwhelming beauty! I'm already planning my return trip. The ramen, the culture, the kindness… It's the best trip ever. Despite my initial anxieties, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
  • Lessons Learned: Pack light. Learn some basic Japanese phrases. Embrace the awkwardness. And always, always be on the lookout for the next ramen shop.

This is just a starting point, of course. Every trip is unique, full of its own little dramas, triumphs, and moments of sheer bewilderment. Enjoy your adventures! And don't forget the ramen.

Escape to Royal Hungary: Szent Gellert Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Unbelievable Hotel Deals in Nagaoka Japan: Route Inn Mitsuke Awaits! (Yeah, Really.)

So, what the heck is a Route Inn Mitsuke anyway? Sounds… generic.

Okay, fair point. "Route Inn" feels like it's straight out of a corporate training manual, right? Like, "Welcome to Lodging! We have rooms!" But listen, I was skeptical too. I pictured beige walls, vending machines dispensing stale snacks, and a lobby that smelled vaguely of sadness. But... well, this one's in Mitsuke, which is kinda near Nagaoka, and frankly, it was surprisingly… decent. Let me tell you, after a truly awful experience at a 'boutique' hotel in Tokyo (think tiny room, noisy neighbors, and a suspiciously stained comforter), a clean, functional Route Inn felt like a freakin' spa retreat. It's a budget-friendly chain, yeah, no Michelin stars here. But for the price? Seriously, it deserves a medal for being, you know, *reliable*.

And the 'Unbelievable Deals'? Spill the tea. Are we talking free sake? A personal masseuse?

Alright, alright, temper your expectations. No free sake (sadly, I know). No masseuse (unless you count the vigorous shoulder rub I gave myself after a long day). The "deals" come down to this: they're often cheaper than other options in the area. I'm talking seriously cheaper. I snagged a room (single, because, solo travel, you know?) for like, the equivalent of a fancy coffee and croissant. And it INCLUDED BREAKFAST! Now, the breakfast buffet? Don't expect gourmet. Think a slightly elevated version of what you'd get at a truck stop diner (but with rice!). There's usually scrambled eggs (sometimes…questionable), sausage, miso soup, and a selection of Japanese pickles that I'm still trying to figure out the appeal of (don't get me wrong, I tried them all. For science!). But hey, coffee, fuel for the day, and saving money? That's a win in my book! Look for deals and promo offers on their website - they're often running something. My advice? Subscribe to their email list. I missed out on a flash sale once and I'm still mad about it.

Is it actually *in* Nagaoka? Because "near" is a very flexible term.

Okay, this is where my inner geography nerd comes out. No, it's *not* in Nagaoka city *proper*. It's in Mitsuke, which is a smaller town, a short train ride (or a taxi, if you're feeling spendy and impatient, like *moi*) from Nagaoka Station. Think 15-20 minutes by train. Look, transportation in Japan is ridiculously efficient, so don't let that put you off. I spent a whole day exploring Nagaoka, and the commute wasn't a big deal. It's actually kinda nice to escape the hustle and bustle of a bigger city at the end of the day. Just plan ahead! Check train times! Don't be like me, once, stranded at a rural station in the middle of the night with a near-empty wallet.

What's the room like? Are we talking shoebox or…semi-shoebox?

Okay, honesty time. Japanese hotel rooms, in general, aren't known for their palatial size. The single room I had (the smallest, cheapest option) was…cozy. Let's call it that. It was efficient. There was a bed, a tiny desk, a mini-fridge, and a bathroom that was a marvel of space-saving engineering (the shower was a contained pod of plastic, which may or may not be your personal Everest). But you know what? It was CLEAN. The bed was comfortable enough (I slept like a log, probably because of the endless walking and the slightly-less-than-gourmet breakfast). And hey, there was a TV! It had a tiny, but functional, air conditioner, a crucial amenity, because humidity is a beast in Japan. Look, if you're used to sprawling hotel suites, you might be disappointed. But if you value cleanliness, affordability, and a decent night's sleep, you'll be fine. Actually, I’d give the room a solid 7.5/10. Again, I’ve stayed in a *lot* worse.

Anything else I should know? Hidden fees? Ghostly encounters?

Okay, the ghosts part is a hard no. Definitely no ghostly encounters (though in this life you never know...) I mean, I didn’t see any, thank goodness. As for hidden fees, the biggest one to be aware of is... parking. If you're driving, parking will cost you extra, so factor that into your budget. Wi-Fi? Free! Always a plus. Laundry? Available, but I didn't use it, so I can't vouch for its quality. There's also a vending machine (stocked with the usual suspects: sugary drinks, instant ramen). This is CRUCIAL for midnight snack cravings. Make sure to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste, because, like a lot of budget-friendly hotels, they don't provide them (or if they do, it's a tiny, sad little toothbrush). Oh, and another thing. The staff? Super polite. Even if you butcher your Japanese (which I did. Frequently.). They’re always helpful, even when you're clearly confused about how to operate the elevator.

Okay, you've piqued my interest. But *why* go to Nagaoka and Mitsuke in the first place? Is there anything to *do*?

Alright, this is where I get fired up! Nagaoka is fantastic, people! It's got a cool blend of history, culture, and deliciousness. (And I’m using deliciousness as a highly important travel term, because it is.) There's the Nagaoka Hanabi (fireworks festival), which is legendary. I wasn't there during the festival (darn it!), but I've heard it's epic! Massive. Spectacular. It's reason enough to go, honestly. Nagaoka also has some fascinating historical sites, including the former Tokugawa shogunate's castle ruins and a cool museum about the town's resilience (it was heavily bombed during WWII, but they rebuilt and thrived). And OMG the food! I spent way too much money on ramen. And I do mean WAY too much. Every bowl was a new adventure in brothy bliss! And the seafood! Fresh, perfectly prepared… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! Mitsuke itself is a quaint town, but it's a great base. It's got local shops and restaurants. It gives you a real sense of everyday life, and it's a convenient jump-off point for exploring the region. Did I mention the ramen? Seriously, go for the food! It's worth the trip alone. I once almost broke down and got a second helping of noodles in one restaurant, I swear, I spent an hour and a half and I was crying and praising the lord for such a fantastic meal. Seriously….I loved the Ramen

Backpacker Hotel Find

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Hotel Route Inn Mitsuke Nakanoshima Mitsuke Inter Nagaoka Japan

Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Hotel Deals in Nagaoka, Japan: Route Inn Mitsuke Awaits!"